Senior Bioinformatician in Single-cell Genomics and Target Discovery
We are seeking a curious and experienced bioinformatician with a knack for translating Omics data to new biological discoveries. You will be part of our Target Discovery & Single-cell Omics team which helps leading pharma and biotech companies derive core biological insights from biomedical big data analysis.
This role is ideal for someone with an interest in lifelong learning and being at the frontiers of new bioinformatics techniques. This position exposes you to a diverse, exciting and challenging project portfolio that covers a wide range of the pharma value chain: from GWAS hits to Target Discovery to cell-type-specific Mode-of-Action.
The ideal candidate has broad experience with single-cell genomics data, and an interest in applying and designing new and powerful tools for discovery of drug targets, and a passion for bringing cutting-edge research to real applications.
You will play a leading role in impacting how data and bioinformatics are used in the life science and pharmaceutical industries. Responsibility, exciting challenges, and ongoing development are guaranteed in this position.
Your key tasks include
- Lead bioinformatics projects and analysis of large-scale genomic and biomedical datasets to address biological questions with statistical confidence
- Design and plan scientific projects in close collaboration with our project teams, by translating clients’ aims and needs into state-of-the-art scientific and technical solutions
- Disseminate findings to project stakeholders (e.g. executives and scientists) via creative visualizations, clear-cut presentations and documents
- Initiate and execute innovative internal R&D projects at the nexus of target discovery and single-cell genomics
- Contribute to the development of new efficient workflows and package pipelines for AI/ML-based bioinformatics applications
- Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics or related fields (or MSc with at least 4-6 years of work experience)
- 2+ years experience working with single-cell genomics data (scRNA-seq and/or other modalities, preferably spatially resolved transcriptomics)
- Knowledge and experience analyzing and integrating Omics data types (e.g. genomics, transcriptomics, epigenomics, proteomics)
- Excellent data science and programming skills in R and Python
- A solid understanding of human cell/molecular/disease biology
- Strong foundation in statistics and machine learning
- Proficiency with structuring projects and code for robust, generalizable, and reproducible data analysis
- Experience with Agile project management tools (e.g. GitLab)
- Proficiency with Linux, Git version control and high-performance computing environments
- Advanced data visualization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. The ability to explain complex analytical concepts to clients and people from other fields
- Strong team-oriented mindset and interpersonal skills. You contribute to a diverse, open and collaborative working environment, and prioritize knowledge sharing
Your extra qualifications
- Excellent project management skills, as well as experience in mentoring and training team members, advising on methodologies and best practices to help overcome technical obstacles
- Strong foundation in omics-driven Drug Target Discovery. This can include experience with pharmacoinformatics methods and druggability databases; broad experience with human genetics and the functional analysis of genome-wide association studies (GWAS); as well as broad experience with large omics public consortia data sets and databases (e.g. GTEx, HCA, etc)
- Knowledge of network biology bioinformatics approaches
- Experience with pipelines and workflow management (e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow)
- Client-facing skills and are curious about customer problems
- Naturally seeks creativity, innovation and excellence in your work
You are not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive positive change. You contribute with a forward-thinking attitude and develop proposals to enhance existing processes and practices. You have a can-do entrepreneurial spirit and interest in commercial opportunities and collaborations.
Your new team
You will be a part of a team with world-class expertise and a strong culture. You can look forward to a workplace with a vibrant environment and a friendly informal atmosphere, where you will be collaborating internationally with passionate colleagues with strong scientific backgrounds. We maintain a high degree of flexibility to keep a healthy work-life balance, ensuring a high level of employee satisfaction.
You will work in a global organization out of our attractively located Copenhagen office (Sorgenfri, Denmark).
About ZS | Intomics
ZS | Intomics became part of ZS after ZS acquired Intomics A/S in the spring 2022. ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people – a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond. To learn more about ZS | Intomics visit https://www.intomics.com/ .
Contact and application
Please apply by sending our application to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Only applications sent directly to this email address will be considered.) The email should contain both your CV and a cover letter explaining why you think this position is for you. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so do not hesitate to apply.
Questions can be directed to Pascal N. Timshel, Senior Lead, Target Discovery & Single-cell Genomics.
Pascal N. Timshel